Freedom. City of Vice. Venice of the North. Cycle Mania. Crooked Houses.
Forget everything you know about Amsterdam. Say hello to the real Amsterdam with this complete walking tour and discover our city like you live here.
What's it All About?
This 2-hour experience is a chronological journey of Amsterdam’s past, present and future explained through one single element. Discover how a fishing village became the wealthiest city in the world. Dive into the mindset of a free city. Uncover the secrets of the world’s happiest children and so much more. Join us on this immersive storytelling adventure and be a part of our city – because that’s what you are, even if you’re here for just one day.
Spots are limited. Book your time slot by entering your City Card number below. Make sure your City Card is valid at the time of use.
- Hear original and immersive stories that bring you face to face with the real Amsterdam
- Discover how one element created Amsterdam and shaped its past, present and future
- Explore the essential Amsterdam themes like Amsterdam’s Golden Age, Red-Light District, Dutch tolerance, bike culture, architecture and more
- Understand why Dutch kids are the happiest in the world
- Find out how Dutch your life is through a fun and interactive game
- Visit the places that matter – from the historic Dam Square, Red Light District, UNESCO heritage Canal Belt and the iconic Jordaan neighbourhood
- Personalized tips for the rest of your stay
Wanna Know More?
Why is there an additional 6% on top of the stated price?
Like many tour operators worldwide, we work with a booking platform called FareHarbor. This 6% fee is paid to them to keep our operations up and running. But we’ve factored in the 6% so the actual price is a cool 25% off for iAmsterdam City Card holders.
Do I have to bring my iAmsterdam City Card for the tour?
Yes, you’ll need to have your City Card scanned by your guide at the beginning of the experience to confirm your attendance.
Where will you take me?
Our journey begins at the historic Dam Square. We’ll then cover Amsterdam’s Old Town, Red Light District, the UNESCO heritage Canal Belt and we’ll end in the Jordaan neighbourhood near the Anne Frank House.
How much walking is there in total?
The total distance is around 3km. So put on some good walking shoes and weather-appropriate clothing and you’re all set.
What happens if it rains?
We say, “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.” So this experience runs rain or shine. In the event of extreme bad weather, we’ll cancel the tour in advance and you’ll get a 100% refund.
What is the mimimum/maximum group size?
The minimum group size is 2 persons and the maximum is 15.
Is this suitable for teenagers?
During this experience, we explore topics like sex work and cannabis culture in an informative and entertaining way. So the recommended age is 18+. However, if you’re open to bringing your young ones to join, you’re absolutely welcome.
How can I pay for this experience?
- Credit or debit card
Can I request for a private tour?
Sure! Please send us a request by email at least a week in advance.
Do you offer this experience in other languages?
For now, this experience is solely run in English.
What if I'm late for the experience?
Please notify us via email or call us (our contact details are in your booking confirmation email) if you’re running late for the experience. We’ll share our location with you so that you can catch up with the group. In case of no-show, no refund will be given out.
What's your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to this experience receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 48 hours or less prior to this experience require the guest to pay for the experience in full, and no refund will be issued.
In the event that we have to cancel this experience due to sickness or an emergency, you will receive a full refund.
You can read our full terms and conditions here.